You need an employer that knows how to optimize manufacturing processes to keep customers satisfied. That way, you can focus on your job. Taking care of customers requires leadership, advanced skill, dedication and integrity. Miller Welding & Machine Co. excels in these areas.
We draw from a variety of employment backgrounds to manage our metal fabrication, welding, machining, metal finishing and assembly processes. Our wide range of metalworking positions are part of an infrastructure that delivers high-quality solutions to OEMs.
About 400 people are part of the Miller Welding & Machine Co. team. To name just a handful of our available careers, we employ:
- Qualified welders
- Skilled machinists
- Process development engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Customer service representatives
All of these positions are critical to our overall success, creating an environment of company-wide innovation that drives our continued growth. We continuously seek individuals dedicated to their skills, ideas and personal integrity.
If you want to advance your career with an employer committed to your success, see what positions we currently have open:
Summary: Miller Welding & Machine Co. is looking to fill the position of Lathe Operator.
Qualifications and required skills include but are not limited to:
- Ability to create, edit, troubleshoot and build CNC programs
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret blueprints, drawings, etc.
- Must be capable of using measuring equipment such as calipers and micrometers
- Perform a variety of machining operations (turning, drilling, reaming, boring, tapping, threading, etc.)
CNC Lathe Setup: Minimum of one year
High school diploma OR equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in working with varying levels of employees and management
- Highly proficient at reading blueprints, written instructions, work procedures, assembly diagrams, etc.
- Team player is an absolute must
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Proficiency with computers (preferred)
- Ability to conduct all of the above in a manner that is safe
- Must be reliable, have good attendance and be willing to work overtime as required
Apply For A Career
Enter your information in the form field to apply for a position with us. We’re eager to hear from you.